Talk Cockatiels Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
885 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Pete (the Eclectus breeder that contacted me in April) texted me again tonight, he has two girls that he's currently raising and gave me dibs on one of them before he advertises them to the public.

Of course I said yes, and i'm just waiting on him to send me his bank details so I can pay a deposit, but OMG YAY!!! They are 7 weeks old so i've got another 7-9 weeks to wait until she is ready to come home but I am SO FREAKING EXCITED!!

I did kind of want another boy, but after thinking about it I think a girl would probably be best. I'm still grieving over Max and i'm not sure how well i'd handle having another baby in the house that looked just like him, so a girl is a good choice. Plus, girls are STUNNING, and much, much easier for me to name LOL. Like seriously, I only named Max that because I could not think of anything else that I liked. I SUCK at naming boys! I literally have a 2 page list of girls names however LOL.

I'm so excited!!!!

·
Registered
1,718 Posts
I get excited for you as well Shaenne! Congrats! I once saw a video on Youtube of a girl talking to an Eclectus female and it was soo cute! The way the female would call her Mom Darling it was just a cuteness overload ! Oh and yes , the Eclectus girls are gorgeous Stunning colors !Although youve got a list of names, would you mind if I would be nosy and just slightly suggest Priscilla ( maybe????) Hahaaaahaha Congrats again - Looking forward to seeing pictures X x Teresa

·
Premium Member
6,217 Posts
Congratulations Shaenne. I wouldn't have a name until you get a good look at her. That's how I name my birds

·
Registered
1,718 Posts
Wise words Stephanie. The thing with me is- I get excited like a little child. But you are right Better feel the birds personality first X x Teresa

·
Registered
7,907 Posts
That's wonderful news, congrats Shaenne! Can't wait to see your gorgeous new girl! :love:

·
Registered
885 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I never name my animals based on personality, it's just something i've never done haha. I usually just pick something I like and go with it XD I mean I usually do wait just in case the name I choose doesn't really fit. Like when my sister named her Ragdoll kitten "Prince" 4 weeks before he came home and when he got home, we discovered that he was anything but a prince lmfao.

I have an extensive list to choose from anyway so i'm sure i'll find something that fits her :D

Anyway, here's the pictures pete sent me this morning!

Gosh I remember Max at this age. Different colour but so many memories!!

·
Registered
885 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
They are siblings so pete refers to them as twins haha SO CUTE.
He's gonna send me weekly pictures and updates so I can see them grow up. I am so happy!!

·
Premium Member
19,909 Posts
That's so amazing! They are adorable!

·
Registered
2,384 Posts
So exciting! Naming them is the hard part. Joey didn't have a name for a week after moving in. :D In that time, we had so many cosmic nudges toward Joey Ramone, it just felt the universe was telling us to name the poor little nameless fid after him.

·
Registered
2,299 Posts
Congrats on the new baby! Here's to having years more excitement with another Eclectus!

·
Registered
1,486 Posts
it's happening

Wow, that is exciting! My avian vet has a female eclectus and they ARE beautiful! Best wishes to you and your new baby!

·
Registered
885 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thanks guys, i'm so excited!
Pete said he'd send me weekly pictures and updates and i'm hanging out for new baby photos but it's only been 3 days! Lmao. I know how fast they grow and how quickly they change, I can't wait to see her pretty red feathers come in :love:

·
Registered
885 Posts
Discussion Starter #18

The girls have been trying seeds, fruits and veggies! And they are down to 3-4 feeds a day! I will be picking up my girl when she is down to just an evening feed so I can finish off her weaning myself (and pick her up a little earlier than planned haha!)

:love:

I can't wait to get her home, partially so I can take some good photos of her! Pete's photography skills kind of suck LOL although I am loving the regular updates!

1 - 20 of 23 Posts