Talk Cockatiels Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I hope that's okay?

I used to be more active here but then life got in the way.

My name is Bianca, I am from Adelaide, South Australia.

I currently have 1 cockatiel, Rocky. Rocky's previous owner fed him a seed only diet, and clipped his wing so short it has never grown back properly (3-4 years ago now I think). It's been a war to get him eating healthier food but he does eat them now if he thinks nobody is looking. He can't speak (but sometimes makes noises like trying to say "peek-a-boo"), however he is a very good whistler. His previous owner taught him two tunes - "why do birds suddenly appear" and a rude song about a certain someone from WW2. He currently shares the bottom of his (very large) cage with a rescue button quail.

I also have a quaker parrot named Merry. Merry enjoys making fart noises, saying "what?" with copious amounts of attitude, yelling "wabbits!!!!" when she sees one of my rabbits, making kiss noises, finding new ways to steal my nose studs, and is currently trying to learn about 5 new words/sounds at once, which isn't really working out too great for her but it's pretty funny to listen to. She also likes to laugh/cackle, and will often make a fart noise and then laugh.

Outside we do also have a Galah who shares her aviary with other rescue Japanese quails. She enjoys saying "Hello Clarkson" (her name) to my husband, who she is madly in love with. She loves watching the budgies in the aviary next to her.

Then of course we have the budgies. Their current cage is super annoying to clean which is why Rocky currently has the button quail. They will be getting a new aviary in the next few weeks and then Rocky's quail will go live outside, and I will also find it a girlfriend or two. The budgies don't have names. They enjoy making noises, chattering away to Clarkson, destroying things, and making a mess.

We also have chickens in our backyard who enjoy yelling at bugs, chasing bugs, yelling at other bugs, and chasing the other bugs.

....then there are all the other non-feathered animals. I foster and volunteer at my local RSPCA with the pocket pets and cats, so I will leave my household to your imagination!

So hello again everyone! Nice to (re)meet you all. I look forward to probably spending lots of time looking at photos of your food mixes and toys/play gyms/etc for inspiration, and sharing photos of what I create. :)

·
Registered
I have normal greys, whiteface, pearl pieds, creamface cinnamons, and pearls.
795 Posts
Hi there and welcome back to the forum! I REALLY did enjoy reading your post, especially about the quaker parrot making farting sounds!!!!! I just about fell out of my desk chair reading that!! I'm about half surprised there isn't a coakatiel out there somewhere that can do that. I have 4 tiels, 2 males, one normal gray, one pearl pied, and two females. Both are pearls. As you can guess, the normal gray male was a pearl at birth but has now turned into a Jeckel & Hyde monster when he wants too! At a year old, his hormones are STILL running rampant. One minute he's as sweet as pie and the next minute he's biting! I think a lot of that is frustration because the pearl female about the same age shows no interest in breeding. Like you, we also have non-feathered pets. A dog and two of the laziest cats you ever saw! LOL! At any rate, good to have you back on the forum.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.