Talk Cockatiels Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I heard the other day that if you have a Cockateil that talks and then you get another Cockateil that doesn't the one that talks will stop talking and start only making bird sounds again. I hope this isn't true. My Spike has a large vocabulary and I just got Bandit and he doesn't talk. I really don't want Spike to stop talking. If this is true I'm going to separate them and put Bandit in another room. I don't want to have to do that because they have become good friends.

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well thats very good news I really didn't want to seperate them. They are not in the same cage but their cages are right beside each other. Bandit broke his toe so he needs his own cage so I can put everything close to the ground until he heals. I think he's getting better today he was more vocal and was moving around more then he has been since he hurt himself. After he heals I don't know if I should put them in the same cage or leave them separate. If I put them together will they bond with each other and not be tame anymore or will they still be happy to come out and sit on my shoulder and get scritches from me.:love:

·
Queen of the Pieds
2,706 Posts
Angel still talks and in fact Little Mikey has copied all his words and thinks thats what birds do!! if they are happy together I wouldn't seperate them....providingg you still get them out and they still have the same experiences with you they shouldn't change at all except be happier since they have a buddy for when you can't get them out....I can;'t quite comment as Angel doesn't like scratches and doesn't really like Little Mikey but they are in the same cage and the worse Angel does is hiss and Little Mikey just ignores him and does what he wants!!! Little Mikey still rathers being with me as does Angel....as long as u spend time with them they shouldn't become less tame...tho of course being tiels we can never say for sure :p....maybe some more experienced tiel owners can advise you

·
Registered
4,803 Posts
I've always heard, the one who talks will teach the other to talk

the only bird i have that talks is the Quaker Billy (his vocab is way bigger then The other Quaker) and he hasn't stopped talking at all, Wish he'd Teach Gumby something other than "step up" lol

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.