Talk Cockatiels Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys!

I received this pretty cool old plant from my grandfather. I took it in and repotted it in a big pot and positioned it from falling over to a cool upwards spiral. I don't know what type of plant it is though. It seems like a perfect hangout spot for Cosmo, but when I put him on it, he wanted to prune/preen the dead leaf nubs from where I pulled them off.

Does anyone know what kind of plant it is and most importantly is it safe for him to hang out and prune/preen it?

Attachments

·
Registered
1,306 Posts
If you can, I would ask and find out from them what type of plant it is so it can be researched. Until you can see if it is a safe plant I would keep him off it for now. :)

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
it looks like a type of dracaena to me.. if it is indeed then according to this site it's safe
http://www.cockatielcottage.net/houseplants.html

but best to do some research to identfy the plant property first,

Thank you so much for that list I really appreciate it :)
I am not able to find out the name for sure of the plant because it's 15+ years old and my 87 year old grandfather has no clue. I really think it's a dracaena because it reminds me of the other plant I have that looks exactly like the dracaena in the pictures and from what I recall the guy told me it was when I got the other one a couple months ago.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Thank you so much for that list I really appreciate it :)
I am not able to find out the name for sure of the plant because it's 15+ years old and my 87 year old grandfather has no clue. I really think it's a dracaena because it reminds me of the other plant I have that looks exactly like the dracaena in the pictures and from what I recall the guy told me it was when I got the other one a couple months ago.
no worries, glad it helped.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts