Talk Cockatiels Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hello l saw no movement but I also read they don't always move this early all the time, what happened was the parents kicked this egg and another fertile egg around both cracked the one baby died, I took this egg out and place in a homemade incubater, because it had a little crack, so I read I should use natural wax to cover the crack.

·
Registered
207 Posts
Okay, well I'm hoping it works out for you, but I did have one egg with a slight crack in it, and I'm pretty sure it is dead now sadly. I'm hoping that's not the case for you, though.

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thank you, I get the feeling this egg is DIS, there should of been more veins and more pink in the egg, sadly this was the only other fertile egg the egg that cracked the other day should of hatched by the 9th of October. It's all in God hands if this baby hatch it Wil be a miracle but after studying the egg carefully I just don't have a good feeling it does not look healthy it was perfect until it got knocked around in nest box so sad about this I would of love to have a sibling for my little birdy that I raised he is now already almost 11 weeks old 🐦☺

·
Registered
207 Posts
Yeah, it usually looks more pink like you said. We can only hope that it will still make it, but otherwise, do you have any other pairs? Maybe you can get eggs with another pair. It really is challenging breeding birds because my pair finally laid another clutch and all four eggs were fertile. I only noticed the other day that the one egg looked very black on one side when I candled it, and I saw no movement. I'm hoping the other three will make it though because like you, in my previous clutch, I only had one chick survive. I'm so happy that your other chick is doing so well now though!!! At least, you can look at what you accomplished with that little guy, taking care of him from day 1. I'll still see if I can get a picture of that one egg and maybe a fertile one as well.

·
Registered
207 Posts
Awwwww, I'm so sorry! But that's great news that you have another egg. Hopefully, she will lay more and they can all be fertile and hatch. I've already lost two of my four due to them being cracked as well, unfortunately.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts