Talk Cockatiels Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
7,294 Posts
You could JUST get away with the first one, the second one isn't really deep enough. I personally wouldn't use either to house a cockatiel, no matter what the time period. Look around your local pet shops, you can get one similar to the first one but 30"w x 18"d x 18"h and you can get them from $50-$60 in most Aussie pet shops (i've been in lots in different states and i've seen them almost everywhere). If you have a local bird club check to see when their next show/sale is, because you can get the cage i'm talking about for $30 from them!!! :D You're much better off spending a little more and getting a cage that will be useful long term. There's no point buying a cheap and small cage only to end up needing to get a larger one in the near future, you end up losing more money than if you had of spent more on the initial purchase.

·
Registered
489 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well the thing is that is my weaning cage for my budgies.(i already have it)
We know some people that are selling Hand reared cinnamon teils for $15!!!!!
In pet shops for untamed ones are normally 25-35$$$
My actual teil cage is for our class pet(in sig) until the end of the year when i get it back.
I really want one for my birthday but my parents are getting sick of all my bird cages.
I have
The avairy
Breeding cage
And the other 2(weaning and second cage) are in the shed+3 fish tanks of mine:blush:
My parents(mum) said i could get one but the other one(dad) said no until i get the other cage back. Then mum said no the wite cage(weaning) is to small for a teil and that wait until the end of the year.
Wow parents are confusing.............
A friend of mine with a teil said she'll take it for the 5 or so months but the she needed to ask her mum and she hasnt rung back yet. Sorry if im confusing you :blush:

·
Registered
4,803 Posts
the 1st cage i have several like it all with budgies and an occasional lovebird sneeks (the doors are open all day long on them) in LOL but I wouldn't put a tiel in it my tiels love going to the other cages but haven't attempted to sneek in any like that ( i think they realized it's too small for them)

would the lady who's selling them hold the one you want for you until you can get your origonal tiel cage back @ the end of school?

·
Registered
2,591 Posts
I would advise you on saving money, and getting a big enough cage for your teil, that you can keep in the long run! :) Because if you get a small cage, and waste money on it just to use it for a while, you may aswell spend a bit more, and buy a big one, that will probably last longer. :)

·
Registered
756 Posts
the thing is she ALREADY has that cage... as a spare for soemthing else.. so she´ll be keeping the new Tiel until the other bigger cage is returned... am I right?? sooo she´s not spending any money yet

if that´s the case then go for it....and being handreared... you can have him/her out more time more easy...against a "wild" one.. LOL

if you ever need another cage there´s also the ebay option... not sure if there´s much cage selling people in Australia... I´ve seen some but don´t wanna ship to me :(...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts