Talk Cockatiels Forum banner

Is this bad?

912 views 5 replies 6 participants last post by  Danielle 
#1 ·
My tiel Angel :innocent: LOVES being out of her cage and playing around. But, when I go sit on the couch she walks of me and starts eating and playing with couch fluff! When I move her away from alll that fun she has she gets really mad and doesn't let me do much with her for the next few minutes. Should I let her eat fluff? :confused: Me and Angel can't wait to hear from you!:tiel5::yes:

#4 ·
do you leave the cotton on the Q-tip??

Because if so, it wouldn't be much different with your bird eating/chewing on Q-tips then her's chewing on the couch

Mainly all furniture is stuffed with cotton and letting them eat that sort of stuff can cause Crop Impaction

Either get some chew toys, plain wood from a hobby store or safe branches to chew on

and like Spike said cover the couch let her play that way, and Plain white paper is awesome :) I don't know which uses more printer paper in my house, the birds or me Printing stuff out lol

#5 ·
Little Mikey is the worst for finding fibres on ANYTHING....half my time i spend taking things out of his mouth....I can't wear anything knitted around him and he even finds fibres on things I couldn't imagine....it's all a matter of learning and adapting....like my cardigan he went wild on...i know not to wear it with him on me...like e1 said covering the couch with a blanket that doesn't have fibres on it and giving toys/paper are definately ways of dealing with it....tho if Angel is anything like my tiels....it's much more fun to play with what mommy says no to lol....so I watch him constantly and as soon as I see he's found something....I run my finger and thumb either side of his beak and pull it out....

#6 ·
What I've always done with animals who chew on things they shouldn't chew is distract them with a noise, like crinkling paper, remove them from the situation and give them a new toy to play with.

I used to do that with my Uncle's galah when he chewed on my shoelaces and it worked a treat.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.