Talk Cockatiels Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I’ve been having a hard time finding an appropriate size cockatiel breeding cage. I want it to be a good sized cage, but it’s tough to balance out bar spacing And dimensions, especially since I’m hoping for a stackable cage, or a multi unit one.

https://www.amazon.com/Prevue-Pet-P...ocphy=1026350&hvtargid=pla-279131740732&psc=1

It’s 37” by 18”

Can you guys link your breeding cages? This is driving me crazy and google is no help, giving me dimensions I can’t meet (four feet by three feet on a couple sites)

·
Registered
37 Posts
If it’s any help, I just used their regular cage, which is 30”x30” and 33-1/2” tall (top to grate on bottom). I don’t know if your breeding pets or to be a breeder, but when researching (for my pets that started mating and laying eggs this year) I decided to go with advice that I had found which stated bigger is better, just like choosing their regular cage, so I went with that.

Personally, I believe that they should still have space and still be ‘birds’ and pets and not baby chick factories, I like the idea of larger cages. Just MHO.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.