Talk Cockatiels Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
119 Posts
aww its gorgous.
Im not sure.
YOu may want to see if and spend time around there getting to know the tiel.
usually males Sing more and whistle while apparently females "scream"
There are probably more knowledgable people here who can give you more advice

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
well the ppls im getting it from say its male i think it is to just trying to see what other think befor i drive about 100 miles round trip to find out it is female

·
Registered
5,022 Posts
Its a Lutino and you can't visually sex them, meaning you can't tell by looking at them :) How do the people know its a male did they do dna or are they going off behaviour does the tiels sing whistle?

·
Registered
2,591 Posts
You cannot tell visually with a Lutino, so if the owners have said male off the behaviour or sexed him/her then there is no way they or you could no with out a dna test! :D Could they not get one done for you, but then again that would take quite a while so you would have to wait! :) Do you not want it to be a female ??

·
Registered
9,464 Posts
Unless they do a dna test or the tiel whissels alot, you won't really know if it is a male. There are some females that whissel more than usual as well.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Have a female who has wolf whistled at me every morning since she's been 7months old so best with the DNA. With experience you can tell as they grow but some are sent to confuse us :p

·
Registered
142 Posts
You can visually tell on lutinos. It is harder to see but the females will have the bars on the under side of the tail and spots under the wings. It will be yellow on white. I have a lutino female. I used a small flash light to see better. I am a breeder and I found out how to sex birds on all that can be sexed by looking. A DNA test is a sure way to tell but if it has the bars and spots its a girl.

·
Registered
5,022 Posts
You can visually tell on lutinos. It is harder to see but the females will have the bars on the under side of the tail and spots under the wings. It will be yellow on white. I have a lutino female. I used a small flash light to see better. I am a breeder and I found out how to sex birds on all that can be sexed by looking. A DNA test is a sure way to tell but if it has the bars and spots its a girl.
It doesn't work on all Lutinos, I have one that you can't see any bars or dots on her and every method to find them was used bright lights, flashlights etc.... she has no markings on her that are visual to the eye.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts