Talk Cockatiels Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
459 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Click link to view video I was 2 birds as a breeding pair 1 male whiteface cockatiel and a pure white cockatiel with a cinnamon sale that was ment to be a hen they were suppose to be proven but then the white pied paired with my other hen and this white one ended up going into the aviary and still not finding a mate didn't make a sound so couldn't guarantee if really was female well this year he has become more vocal and has started this behaviour so it has me thinking that's it's. Actually a male Woodpecker: https://youtu.be/AFLYHxHec_g

·
Premium Member
6,217 Posts
That's most likely a cock, but that is not a guarantee. My 2 both do that and they are cocks, so there is a strong possibility it is, but you never know

·
Registered
786 Posts
JoJo used to do that too, and he was a male also. Hmm...sounds like a male to me.
Your birds are beautiful !

·
Registered
334 Posts
Hahah that's so amusing that woodpecker cockatiel! He's going hey, this is much easier than that singing lark (and that female isn't even impressed with singing ;) )

·
Registered
7,907 Posts
Henry does the woodpecker all the time. If your bird does it very often instead of just occasionally, then you probably have a male. Females are known to beak bang when feeling frustrated or playful, but it's usually very brief and not as "in tune" as the males'. :D

1 - 9 of 9 Posts