Talk Cockatiels Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,486 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an AviSun light for Bennie. Right now I turn it off or on manually. But I was thinking of getting a timer in case I am away. Right now our routine is that I turn off his light about 1/2 hour before I cover his cage for the night. There is still some light on in the room. After I cover him, I am still in the room until I go to bed. So it is kind of a gradual change from day to night, which is natural. If I get a timer, it would just shut off, making it go from day to midnight in an instant (if it is dark and I am not there). What i was wondering is if there is a timer that would dim the light gradually, even over several minutes. I could just leave another light on in the room so it wouldn't be such an abrupt change.

·
Registered
1,225 Posts
Oh, that lamp is so cool. I wish they had it here.
I do use a SAD lamp though (for myself too), which is probably very similar.

Yes, I would try to keep the cycle as natural as possible, so I think you are doing the right thing.

·
Registered
2,299 Posts
I was thinking of using two timers if you can't find what you're looking for. One for the main light then a smaller light that can be turned off at a later time.

Hrrrrmmmm...most curious. There must be something out there like that!

·
Registered
507 Posts
There are, especially for LEDs. The issue is that they're not really plug and play... more something you have to scheme and build yourself. They are popular for aquariums.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts