Talk Cockatiels Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a question about my cockatiel pair. I bought them about 20 days ago and the guy told me that it's a breeding pair. I doubt that because after 20 days I don't think they are actually bonded together. They don't sleep on the same perch at night and don't eat together as much either and not sure if they mated.

I have put a breeding box on the cage also but no bird went in the breeding box. And this is a breeding season (Summer) here in Melbourne, Australia.

In this photo, the female is sitting on the breeding box perch away from the male at night.

Shall I put a different male cockatiel in the cage?

Please help.

Thank you

·
Registered
283 Posts
It will take a while for new birds to feel comfortable enough to breed. Please be patient. I had a adult pair before, they started breeding almost after a year after I had them.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Wow that's a long time ago. But this pair don't even sleep on the same perch. However, they don't fight.

What was the set up of your cage. Mine cage placement is that they get early hours of sunlight. When did you introduce the breeding box in your cage?

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.