Talk Cockatiels Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I think that's a different product by the same manufacturer. This one doesn't say teflon anywhere. It only mentions cast iron and porcelain enamel.

·
Registered
1,225 Posts
I think you should contact the manufacturer if you want to be sure. Aldi might not really know for sure, and even if they don't mention it it doesn't mean there is no Teflon.
See if they have a contact email, FB page etc. where you can ask the manufacturer directly.

·
Registered
761 Posts
I have ceramic pans (I reckon the brand is Green Pan...) and they're fine. If you're unsure, ask the manufacturer if the product is 'Teflon and PTFE free.' if they say yes, it ought to be OK :)

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for the replies. I did as Charlotte suggested and emailed the manufacturer. They assure me that the product is teflon and PTFE free, and that the smooth finish on the inside is the enamel.

They also took it upon themselves to say that it's a good idea to keep the bird out of the kitchen anyway because other things like toasters might have teflon or PTFE. I already knew that, but it was kind of them to mention it.

·
Registered
8,164 Posts
It is likely fine, but I always ask about all three: Teflon, PTFE, PFOA.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts