Talk Cockatiels Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've had my new bird, Grimmjow, for one month. At first he hissed and flight from us but a week ago or more he started wanting my company, he flies to me, he likes my kisses (but no touching! Don't you dare haha).

When I put them on my shoulder it's good. Sometimes they "fight" a little bit to win the closest spot to my neck but two days ago, when I cuddle Danno (female) with him around, he pulls out small feathers from her head! I know it's intentional because it's fast and he pulls more if he can. When he preens her, he may hurt her sometimes but he doesn't take out any feathers.

I find it strange because since almost the beginning they've been preening each other, they flock call, they share food and they seek each other's company.
I feed them seeds, veggies and three types of pellets (I'm still trying to make them eat it more). They have their calcium too. They have their cage (100 x 80 x 80cm aprox) open all day so they can fly whenever they want.

What do you think this could be?

Thanks!

·
Premium Member
19,909 Posts
Not jealousy really. More like him just having an attitude. Some tiels are more spunky than others and like to show off. He's not necessarily being mean, he just thinks it's fun to do. Hormones could also be playing into this as well.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts