Talk Cockatiels Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There is tiny cool front in Florida now it only lasts literally 24-48hrs and then becomes hot dreadfully humid/sticky/muggy and disgusting all over gain unfortunately until the next cool front hopefully blows through.

If it's only 38 degrees outside... is that too cold to take my tiel outside briefly? For example walking into a store from my car and back again on the way out? He would only be out in the cold for less than 45 seconds to one minute.... what is the coldest temp in degrees that is generally safe to be exposed to briefly?

It's never cold in FL and if it is it only last less than 48 hrs so I don't know what the rules are with cold and tiels :hmm:

·
Registered
8,086 Posts
He'll be fine. I take my birds in and out of the car in much colder weather when they need to go to the vet, or when we travel over the holidays.

J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks.... that's great. I figure he has down feathers to keep him cozy and warm... it's cute when some of his down feathers are sticking out from within his normal feathers... I always try to touch those feathers to see how soft they are and he gets really ticked off.

I was feeling a little guilty since I was nice and warm wearing a jacket and all he has on is his flightsuit as we're running around shopping ;)

I wonder what the coldest temp would be that is the cut off point? If there's snow outside... would it still be safe exposure to the cold for under one minute from and to the car in parking lot?

J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I just realized I have an odd typo in my thread title, my bad.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts