Talk Cockatiels Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,210 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
**No I still haven't got a cage lol** But I went down to a local pet store and they had a catalogue in there of lot of different cages at quite reasonable prices. They're was one I particularly liked, and it had 2cm bar spacing. I know that 1 inch is too much, but 2 cm is less than 1 inch. So is 2cm too much or it is alright? thanks! :)

·
Registered
5,022 Posts
I am not great with my measurements but I am pretty sure 2cm is alright I was trying to convert it but I wasn't getting it right...lol I have seen cages online with 2 cm bar spacing and they were for cockatiels to give you an idea click on the link this cage here is 2cm bar spacing hope it helps ;)
http://www.robharvey.com/animage/parrot-cages/cuba-lg.jpg (just click on the picture to make it bigger and you will get a closer look)

·
Registered
1,210 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks Laura and Plukie. :)
It was a very nice cage, I wrote down the dimensions somewhere, it might be the one.

·
Registered
7,294 Posts
It might be a little big, it's 4/5" while tiels can have 5/8", but i doubt you'll have a problem with it. :)

·
Registered
4,803 Posts
if 2 cm = 4/5" and 4/5" is smaller then 5/8" of a inch you should be fine

I had to ask my boyfriend to make sure 4/5" is smaller then 5/8" because I couldn't remember but he said it is ( i take his word hes been in the contruction bussiness for a long time so i always run to him when it comes to messurments if it's not a even Inch I have no clue LOL)

·
Registered
7,294 Posts
4/5" would be larger than 5/8", but i'm having second thoughts about 2cm = 4/5" now. :p Let's just make the assumption that 2cm is fine for bar spacing, lol!!

·
Registered
1,210 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·

·
Registered
1,210 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I can't wait!!! You have been so patient.
Thanks, I've just tried to get a good quality cage rather than rushing and buying a inexpensive cage that will start flaking and falling to bits after a couple of weeks. :)
Oh and I can't wait either! LOL!!

·
Registered
5,022 Posts
Thanks, I've just tried to get a good quality cage rather than rushing and buying a inexpensive cage that will start flaking and falling to bits after a couple of weeks. :)
Oh and I can't wait either! LOL!!
your doing it the smart way ;) I just wish I had your patience :D maybe my life would run a little smoother....LOL

1 - 13 of 13 Posts