Talk Cockatiels Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello all.
I have been a parrot owner and enthusiast for about 32 years. I started with amazon parrots but my first cockatiel was acquired about 15 years ago.

I have 2 pied Tiels both male. Named Lucky and Baby, Lucky was first and landed at my feet when I was working in Camarillo CA. I purchased Baby to keep Lucky company. They are now best friends and can't stand to be separated.

I have 1 Lutino (female) that I bought at a yard sale.

Last but not least I have a breeding pair of Tiels, Female cinnamon and a pearl whiteface. They have a clutch of 3 chicks the oldest is 5 days shy of 4 weeks old. This is my first time with baby chicks of any kind and have questions but this is not the place or time to get into that.

I am a southern Ca native and live in the High desert.
I belong to another parrot forum but the majority of people there feel that no one that does not have a PHd in animal husbandry and 20 years experience should let your birds have chicks.
So that's my story and I hope to be able to get some answers to problems that have come up with my 3 beautiful chicks.

Bigvally.

Attachments

·
Registered
878 Posts
I'm sure your tiels will be happy you let them have chicks even if you don't have advanced college degrees. ;) Welcome from Percy and me! :)

·
Registered
7,907 Posts
Hi, welcome to the the forum!

The photo of Cheeky is too adorable! :D

1 - 5 of 5 Posts