Talk Cockatiels Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here are some pics of my boy Ozzy :D
We think he is a boy lol loves to sing :)

He is a cinnamon pearl split bont.

Here is is after two weeks at home, he loves the camara lol

Enjoying his millit here and getting used to everything around him.

Taken this weekend, loves to listen to music :)

·
Registered
110 Posts
He was born the 1st of May. Sad that the males loose their pearls but that is life, still a sweet boy :) We will see male/female but breeder thinks male too.
He looks just like my Sam. And my tiel has just gone through his first molt ever and has retained all his pearls so far. He's a dna tested male. Keep your fingers crossed :)
________
Big Brother Forums

·
Registered
2,002 Posts
Some breeders have been succesful to breed males to keep the pearling, not as good as females but some. Also, DNA isn't always 100% either. On another chat someone had there tiel DNA'ed as male but guess what this male did. Yup layed a egg. Around christmas time you will find out for sure. Unless you wish to dna whice is usually pretty good but you usually can find a case or two that turns out wrong.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I didnt know that dna wasnt 100% sure, can you imagine your "male" laying an egg lol
Ozzy is starting to molt a little, last night he shook himself and had quite some feathers fanning about, till what age do they molt?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.