Talk Cockatiels Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
7,907 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My partner and I adopted a 10 week old handreared Indian Ringneck baby a few days ago. After deciding on a name, making a playgym and introducing him to loads of different foods, Georgie has officially settled in! We are calling him/her a he until the gender becomes apparent. :)

·
Registered
7,907 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks guys. He has really come out of his shell since we've had him! He loooves mandarin and nuts, and his adorable baby sounds are to die for :love:

The lady who raised him had already clipped his wings, which we didn't know about. He can fly pretty well, but we will be letting his flights grow out when he molts.

I've tried uploading some videos to Photobucket so I can show you guys his cuteness in motion... but it just won't work. Gah!

·
Registered
7,907 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
He's looking more mature already and has become quite the chatterbox :)

And this is Cheeky, one of my partner's 'tiels (I couldn't get a photo of Squeaky, she is very shy). She has been very hormonal this spring/summer and has laid two clutches of eggs.. luckily she has no interest in them and they just fall to the bottom of the cage and break anyway. Perhaps she and Coco will bond once they move in together and have some babies? Who knows... :blush:

·
Registered
195 Posts
Lovely pictures!
Indian ringnecks are good at imitating sounds, right? Has Georgie learned any sounds or melodies yet? :)
And how noisy is he compared to the tiels?

We have wild Indian ringnecks in some parts of the Netherlands, from escaped birds that now have built up a thriving colony. Aparently those are incredibly loud! :eek:

·
Registered
7,907 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
He's started copying sounds but he hasn't really got anything perfected yet. He chatters and mutters to himself in a way that's very similar to a lorikeet. I think he's going to be an excellent talker! He always listens intently when we talk to him.

Well.. that's the part we expected the opposite.. the 'tiels are actually louder than him lol. He's got a deeper, harsher screetch for sure, but in the way of general noise, he's very well-behaved in comparison! :D

That's really interesting about the wild ringnecks. They are such adaptable creatures.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts