Talk Cockatiels Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello. I just joined after lurking for little more than 3 years.

I was introduced to cockatiels at my husband's (then boyfriend) grandparents' house. They had a cockatiel named Bowie who just fascinated me with his chattering and antics.

I received my own 'tiel Christmas 2000. I chose her as a hatchling, visiting her every night after work until she could come home with me. Basil, a cinnamon-pied female, was a little sweetheart. She loved having her head scratched and, when in the mood, having her belly rubbed. Loved the way she would curl up on my chest while I played on the computer. Unfortunately she suffered complications from anesthesia during surgery to remove a bound egg November 2009.

I inherited Bowie, a male natural grey, in 2002. My husband traded a set of baseball cards for him in 1991. He is a stubborn, goofy bird. He wants to be with me at all times but I can only pet him if I'm "not looking at him". He likes to play hide a seek behind his cage. You ask "Where's Bowie?" He'll poke his head up and say "Hello" then quickly duck. You can buy all the fancy toys in the world and he won't touch them. He prefers to chew apart paper towel rolls and empty tissue boxes, and toss around Q-tips.

Glad to finally join group,
Pam Zehner

·
Registered
5,635 Posts
Hi and welcome! Your Bowie sounds like quite the character- and actually sounds a lot like my Sunny. He too has little interest in toys but loves to shred cardboard and paper- and he likes to play hide and seek too. :)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts