Talk Cockatiels Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
422 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok here is some background first.on June 23 I thought shadow had gotten out of the apt. I looked for him for 4 days.turn out he and upside-down chewed a hole on the underside of my couch and shadow climbed inside and could not find ]his way back out. That Saturday he somehow found his way out by night time.I was so happy to see him come out of know wear.
He flew right into the cage with upside-down. Everything was fine between them at first.then on that Tuesday something happened I don't know if shadow bit upside-down or if upside-down got his foot caught but when I got home that night upside-downs foot was bleeding. I took him to the vet this Thursday and the vet said it looked a raised leison it's right were the two front twos meet the foot.he has full use of his foot. He is not in pain.the vet said just to watch it for now.if it does not get better he will have to have a skin biopsy but the vet didn't give me a time frame so I don't know how long these thinks take to heal. I would post a pic. But I'm on my cell have no computer I use to be able to when you used pet guide free but my phone is not compatible with the new one.has anyone have this happen to there birds.like I said upside-downs foot was fine that morning when I went to feed them they are now in there
Own separate cages.please help.

·
Registered
786 Posts
My JoJo had a toe amputated, still don't know how, but it seemed to heal very quickly within maybe a week or so. My vet also told me to keep an eye on it and I did, but I was surprised how quickly it healed. If it isn't gone in a couple of weeks, you might want to take him back in, but I would be surprised if it doesn't heal on its own.

·
Registered
422 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
upside-downs foot injury

I have to bring upside-down back to the vet I hope tomorrow he opened up the leison tonight some how so now he will have to be put in a collar.

·
Registered
422 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
upside-downs foot injury

I took upside-down to a another avian vet on Monday for a second opinion and it turned out to be a growth so I had it removed and now I'm waiting for the biopsy to come back .upside-down goes back to the vet on Monday to get the stitches out and the e collar taken off . He is on clavamox for five days.twice a day.

·
Registered
878 Posts
I hope Upside-Down makes a quick recovery and that the biopsy results are good!

·
Registered
422 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
upside-downs foot injury

Upside-downs biopsy came back clean it was inflamed tissue. The vet tried two take off the bandage but it stuck to the scab and started to bleed again so he rewraped it in vet wrap for three weeks so he is still in the e-collar and in the large parakeet cage with one perch as a hospital cage.

·
Registered
878 Posts
Glad there was good news on the biopsy. :clap: Now for the wound to heal up so the little guy gets back to normal. Thanks for the update on Upside-Down - I've been wondering about him. :)

·
Registered
878 Posts
How is Upside-down doing - is his foot better?

·
Registered
2,299 Posts
Yaaaay for good news! Glad it wasn't something awful :) Give the fid a scritch for the rest of us :D

·
Registered
422 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I know it has been a while but this updated cell phone works on the site slowly so using tap a talk.Upside-down foot healed very well would not even know some thing happened to it. I'm about to add a nother budgie to the flock so i will have 4 birds. April the pom is doing well to.

linda

1 - 12 of 12 Posts