Talk Cockatiels Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, my girl (lone female) has just laid her first egg. There is so much conflicting information about what to do with the egg. She isn’t eating or drinking and not leaving the egg. I’ve put some food and water on the bottom of her cage! She doesn’t have any nesting materiel etc!
Should I take the egg away or leave it with her? She’s very protective of said egg!
I have added calcium drops in her water and she has calcium block and perch!
any advice would be amazing! Thank you 😊

·
Registered
768 Posts
Just leave it with her for now until she loses interest in the egg(s). If you remove it right away, she will just continue laying more to replace the egg. Don't be surprised if she does start laying more though because they'll usually lay around four to five eggs per clutch. What you're doing is great. Just make sure she does eat and drink though.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Just leave it with her for now until she loses interest in the egg(s). If you remove it right away, she will just continue laying more to replace the egg. Don't be surprised if she does start laying more though because they'll usually lay around four to five eggs per clutch. What you're doing is great. Just make sure she does eat and drink though.
Thanks so much! :)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts