Talk Cockatiels Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello everyone,

I'm sure you've heard of the Aviator Harness and might even have it. I really want one to take my cockatiel outside with it but they are soooo expensive! $35?? You know what you could buy with $35? :eek: Anyway I was wondering if anyone knows any ones for cheap?? Because seriously I'm not going to pay $35 for a harness. I was going to buy the feather tether but I've seen the reviews and they are pretty bad. Then I looked up the aviator harness and it looks awesome! People gave it good reviews and say they don't regret buying it. So if anyone knows a good price or deal for it that would be great!

Thanks,
BirdySweet :D

·
Registered
252 Posts
on amazon they are $30. i have yet to find it much cheaper anywhere. and that price is with the shipping included.

·
Registered
285 Posts
there are cheaper harnesses. Definitely not the aviator harness. I'm looking as well, but I've passed up the cheaper harnesses. I don't want hemingway getting out or hurt because I didn't want to drop the cash :) Just saying. Sometimes some of these things justify the expenditure.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
there are cheaper harnesses. Definitely not the aviator harness. I'm looking as well, but I've passed up the cheaper harnesses. I don't want hemingway getting out or hurt because I didn't want to drop the cash :) Just saying. Sometimes some of these things justify the expenditure.
I think you're right. I guess I'll just find the cheapest deal and just buy it. Thank you! :D

·
Registered
11,093 Posts
I paid over $60 for my Aviator Harness but it is definitely well worth the money.

The Parrot Univeristy has the Aviator Harness for $34.99 and shipping is FREE worldwide. :)

·
Registered
291 Posts
Just one thing to remember, if a pet store etc is charging that much, usually it is because it cost them a bit to purchase it.
My boss (i work in a pet store) bought them, cost price, for $30, imagine how much he has to sell them for to make a profit! We are now selling them at cost just to get rid of them.
(The same applies for frontline, advantix etc, people are buying online because it is cheap but it costs us so much to buy the stuff in!)

That said, the Aviator is the best and escape proof and that money is an investment.
Buying cheaply online will have consequences in the future -> no local store to "run to" when you need things!

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thank you everyone for your kind suggestions. I finally bought my Aviator Harness! :love:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts