Talk Cockatiels Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Obligatory Christmas post lol

-I bought a 3 ft pre-lit tree for my room. What do I need to watch for? Do they give off a certain chemical that would be dangerous?

-what about lights?

Granted, Albus is in his cage a lot so he wouldn't be flying on the tree or anything.

·
Premium Member
19,909 Posts
Also watch out for the lights themselves, they could get hot and he could burn himself when he tries to investigate them.

·
Registered
13,738 Posts
I aint got any lights, :eek: might not have a tree left as bunnys have grown up and i can see it now bunnys and birds working together, pulling it down :rolleyes:

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Oh the lights wouldn't be a problem in themselves, the cords would be away from where he could get to them. I'm just worried about chemicals. My sister has a fiber optic tree she got at Target and there's a lead warning on it.

·
Registered
180 Posts
There is a target in the US?? I thought that was Australian owned?? :confused: I cant see the tree or decorations being a problem. There should be no fumes at all. If in doubt keep him well away, but i can see there being a issue.

·
Registered
10,863 Posts
There is a target in the US?? I thought that was Australian owned??
This question made me go a-googling. Target is a US corporation that began in 1902 and is headquartered in Minneapolis. It's a coast-to-coast chain, second only to Walmart in size. They've licensed the name to Australian stores since 1973 and both countries use the red and white bulls-eye logo.

·
Registered
208 Posts
We have HUGEEEEEEE target stores here in the US.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Wow.

There's Target stores everywhere here, hon. Like Starbucks.

I guess I'll let you all know if I find a warning on any of my electric decorations.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts