Talk Cockatiels Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4,282 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am not amused with Autumn lately. It more or less coincided with her becoming affectionate and bonding with me, but lately she just NEVER. SHUTS. UP.

When she wants out of the cage, she shrieks. When she plays with her toys, she shrieks. When she hears the microwave beep, she shrieks. When she sees birds outside...or leaves blowing in the wind...you guessed it. There are times of the day where she'll calm down and be quiet for an hour or two at a time, but for the most part she is always hyper and amped up. I've run through the list of possible causes, and I'm just not sure what it is. Boredom? Maybe, but even when she is clearly occupied (eating, playing) she is often still noisy. Hormones? It's possible, but I haven't seen any signs of her being nesty or acting like she wants to mate. She's about ten months old. I am just really hoping this is a phase, because it is insanely annoying.

·
Registered
885 Posts
Zoe went through this at around the same age. She has settled down now and isn't AS noisy although she's still relentless when she wants something. I just learned to live with it LOL. Wheeling her outside is a good solution on nice days because she spends all day screaming outside and then she's pooped when she comes in haha. Weather is getting cooler now though so that's not going to be an option for much longer. Yaaaaay.

·
Registered
7,907 Posts
And they say girls aren't loud, lol.. Mabel has become very vocal since she's settled into her new home, too. She's definitely not afraid to voice what she wants, although sometimes I'm not even sure what she wants.. haha. I just give her a bit of millet and tell her she's a good girl and I'm hoping she'll get the message that she doesn't have to shriek like a banshee :lol:

·
Registered
128 Posts
Hi moonchild ,

Your feathered baby is behaving like this may be she is afraid of something..or may be due to weather condition..either too hot or cold.Or she wants you to saty with her all the time...

Birds would usually shriek for some reason..and when it is constant shrieking...
May be you can take her out in the morning ..so that she can get some fresh air...look at wild birds and shriek.. she will enjoy this
Cutie was doing the same thing.. during night some days ago... then i realised may be its too hot so she needed cool air...

Then i got a small table fan for her and now she would sit on the perch nearest to the fan and sleep peacefully.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts