Talk Cockatiels Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im the only one without a cockateil!!!!!! i luv them though and am currently getting one for christmas(hopefully)if not then im getting after that shortly
i do though have 7 budgies named Squeak,Charlie,Wizard,Mischeif,Ozzie,Violet Crumble Dancer(Crumble) and Macadamia.

·
Registered
5,602 Posts
Welcome! You don't have to have a tiel to be part of the site.;) You can use this time to learn more about tiels! I have 8 budgies as well.

·
Registered
7,294 Posts
Welcome to the forums!! It's always good to research a new pet before getting it, so i think it's great you're here to learn before you get your tiel. :D

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
im a bit annoyed cause were going to Queensland on christmas day and i cant get one till we get bak:( oh well when i do get one im not sure which mutation i want???? any suggestions??? i saw one in petwares and it was $300!!!!!!!!! it was young and grey and white(very rare)though.still any suggestions??

au money by the way

·
Registered
5,602 Posts
It doesn't matter the mutation- just get the one that warms your heart! You'll know when you see it!

·
Registered
5,602 Posts
i dont know how im gonna afford it!!!!!!!!1:(
Well, it's good that you're thinking of that now. Keep in mind that although the initial cost can be pretty steep, you also want to consider longterm cost. Seed, pellets, veggies, fruits, toys and VET care!

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
well veggies and fruits dont matter as my mom always buys them to have for morning tee or something and seed my parents pay for and vet care im ashamed to say this but we dont have a avain vet but we do have a vet but its like $100 for a check up!!!! but depends if my brother wants to pay for half because he had one named mojo but it escaped like 2 weeks after he got it and he never let me hold it!!! but thats still like $100 each and he has a job(hes 16) and i dont!!!!!!!! my pocket money is $5 a week. All this is au by the way

·
Registered
5,602 Posts
I tell all new possible tiel owners this so don't take it personal please. It's a can be up to a 30 year commitment so make sure you can see yourself caring for that tiel 20-30 years from now. Kids, marriage, college, whatever life brings- rehoming a bird is terrible to have to do, for the owner and esspecially for the bird... Also, make sure you are somehow able to afford anything the bird may need *in this case your parents for now*...

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
oh great:(:(:( i just talked to my dad and im not allowed to:( well as heaps of u no australia is having a drought right now and im not allowed to get one until it breaks as food is expensive and blah blah blah blah. Do cockateils eat Budgie mix or is there a mix i can get so i can use it for a cockateil and budgies???

·
Registered
5,602 Posts
oh great:(:(:( i just talked to my dad and im not allowed to:( well as heaps of u no australia is having a drought right now and im not allowed to get one until it breaks as food is expensive and blah blah blah blah. Do cockateils eat Budgie mix or is there a mix i can get so i can use it for a cockateil and budgies???

My budgies eat tiel a tiel seed mix- it had all kinds of seed (more then the budgie mix) , dried fruit and nuts. I would say most tiel mixes have alot more sunflower seeds and more varieties so I wouldn't give the tiels only budgie mix. Here they are the same price though. They also must get fresh veggies daily, some fruit and pellets.

·
Registered
5,602 Posts
I'm sorry about it. Atleast this gives you some time to learn as much as you can about them and get ready.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
well i guess so.:(still i meen he said if anything birthday pressie wich is on the 11th of june so at least half a year......................................

·
Registered
1,210 Posts
Hey there, welcome to Talkcockatiels! I would just like to say - you're not the only one without a tiel because I don't have one yet, although I'm desperately on the look out for one. Good Luck on persuading your parents - I know how difficult it is! :rolleyes:

·
Registered
31 Posts
Have a look at the Petlink classifieds. That's where I found my breeder. There aren't too many cockatiel breeders in SA from memory but you can use it to email other breeders in the area and find out how to locate them.

http://www.petlink.com.au/Birds/Advertising_Board/

·
Registered
192 Posts
I Squeak!!!!! Is LMKT_budgies...but I am called Mal around here!!!!! I hope you can get a tiel...they are so WONDERFUL!!!!!!!! Welcome to this fourm....

1 - 20 of 20 Posts