Talk Cockatiels Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
330 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
To start with my son had strep last week and took his antibiotics. The same day he went to the dr, I started feeling bad.:( This was Friday. By the time I had made it out of the DMV and his dr appt, my office was closed until Monday :( I have not had a sore throat til now. but I have felt like my head is gonna blow (sinuses full, ear hurting a little, and stuffy/runny nose, constant sneezing/ coughing) and I think I have been running low grade fevers. I did find a post on someone with strep and it said no one is sure if tiels can get sick from human colds/ flu/ strep and to keep contact to a minimum. I was wondering if anyone has any updated info regarding this? BTW, the post was from 2008.

·
Registered
8,086 Posts
They cannot catch our viruses, but they can catch bacterial infections, and I believe this includes strep. I would try to minimize contact for now.

·
Registered
330 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks. I have one problem...she lives in my room. Should I talk to my daughter to see if I can put Sultan in her room til I can get to the dr to get some meds or at the very least find out what I have or will it make any diferrence?

·
Registered
8,086 Posts
What if someone has a cold/flu could a tiel get that? or the sore throte you usaly get before the cold?
In general they cannot catch our viruses (although Influenza may be a different story), but they can catch bacterial infections. So it would depend on the nature of the illness.

·
Registered
330 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well good news, its not the flu but it is a sinus infection... :( hopefully in a few days Ill be better and can spend time with my baby!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts