Talk Cockatiels Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
670 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok so Jojo is now learning to be a bit more brave and has discovered the top of his cage, only problem i have now is if he slips his wings come up and out, looks lovely but he does try to bite himself lol like a dog after his tail lol, well i got worried that he was gettin tetroilal of the top of his cage, remembering from here not to show he is boss of give in to fear, i held my hand up to him to step up bracing myself for a bite,his beak came out and i thought oh help, well he only used it to check my hand step up no problem, was fine so i think he is just getting out to his wings lol, everytime he did this i put my hand up for him to step up so he new he wasn't in control or scaring me, and that i was there and he was safe,

so i am proud of me today for not only being brave but remembering what i have been told on here

so a big thank you to all you tell lovers :D i think me and jojo are gonna be fine i am not sure why he does this if a wing comes out i don't know but i am not as scared of it now

·
Registered
11,093 Posts
Oh wow, that's wonderful to hear. You and JoJo sound like you are doing fabulous.

It's also good that you aren't showing him you're scared of/fear him. The wings out thing is for balance I'd say.. not sure why he bites himself whilst doing it, might be just how he is, he might stop doing it after awhile, all depends on him. Keep up the fabulous work though, you guys are getting there really quick which is excellent.

·
Registered
670 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thank you :D he was hand reaerd but its taken him a log time to settle in, then i ahd to move him, i am not sure why he goes for himself its like the wings come up and he thinks they are tryingt o attack him, which is why i got nervous coz i thought he was in attcak mode. i will try and film it but my camar isnt good and he really doesnt like it lol,

his wing spane is lovely tho

·
Registered
670 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
thank you, it is a great feeling, me and jojo didnt get of on the right foot, i mena i do get a bit nervy around him but i am getting better, he is no longer in conrtol, i mena i dont let him ion my left hand side he plays on his cage door and top as long as i am there, getting him bakc in is still a nightmare lol

1 - 5 of 5 Posts