Talk Cockatiels Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello, my name is Emily, I'm 18 years old & a freshman in college. I recently got the best Christmas present EVER.
Meet my new cockatiel, Tallie :D

:love: I'm not exactly sure of the age, the lady @ the pet store said he was a baby & she had recently finished hand feeding him. I'm not sure of the gender either, I wish I knew! I love him so much though, he (or she) is seriously the sweetest little birdy ever & has SO much energy, I'm even having a hard time keeping up with him! With my schedule at school, I have a lot of time to spend w/ him. Thats a good thing, because he CRAVES attention & it doesn't matter who it's from, he loves everyone! Just at the sound of my voice, he goes INSANE in his cage. He climbs down to the bottom and paces back & forth in front of the door (we call him a "jail bird" lol) then, he comes out of the cage by himself! He loves to be out of his cage, but I have to be careful where I let him play because he runs around everywhere & likes to taste everything, LOL and he's SO loud, he doesn't sing or anything yet, but after he's in his cage by himself for awhile he starts making these random noises & it sounds like he's trying to whistle! It's so cute!

Sorry for the novel, I just love my little birdy so much & I'm excited to be on the forums, cuz I'm sure I'll have a lot of questions & cute stories as he grows! :D

More Tallie pictures:

My favorite:

See, Tallie & I have something in common, our love for coffee (well, he just likes the cup) LOL, he tired himself out from playing & decided to snuggle up with my coffee cup.

LOL, he was totally posing for this picture :p

·
Registered
6,100 Posts
Welcome to the forum Emily! Tallie is so super adorable:D I got my first cockatiel Aero for christmas 2010 and she was definatley the best present ever:p

·
Registered
4,598 Posts
Welcome to the forum. Your little Tallie is so adorable! And I understand, I could talk about my babies all day long!

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I've had him for about 6 weeks now! I'm starting to think he's a boy, cuz he whistles/sings in his cage all the time. I actually heard him wolf whistle for the first time today! I was like, :love:
I bought him this play gym @ Petco, but it broke within the first week we had it. He didn't care for it too much anyways. Then, I realized he doesn't need a gym, I'M the gym. He climbs ALL over me, but his favorite spot is on top of my head :p I love him.

·
Registered
519 Posts
Ooh, cute! Sounds like he's adjusted quite well and loves his new home. The pictures are adorable! "I'm the gym" hahaha, it's totally true!:p

·
Registered
484 Posts
Welcome :) you'll love it Here it's so friendly ! You'll know your Tiels gender after the first big molt between 8-10 months female will stay the same and males will develop a bright yellow face nice name too :)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts