Talk Cockatiels Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Baby my female cockatiel is doing the wolf whistle. She also does other noises too that are not just flock calling. Theast few days it has been so clear there is no mistake, trying to get a video but of course when I do she won't do anything. How many of you have a female that talks one that had been DNAd? I'm just wondering what else I might be able to teach her.

·
Banned
2,058 Posts
Tiko says a lot of words and mimics the cockatiels and Rio I guess its common for all African greys to be good talkers though.

·
Premium Member
19,909 Posts
Its less common for female tiels to be able to mimic but not unheard of.

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Nice, my girl sounds different than my boy he sounds like he is actually whistling and she sounds like talking or singing. It's cute

·
Registered
35 Posts
That is so exciting! I have a female That I just got. I would love if she learned to wolf whistle. I know that's unlikely but I will keep trying to teach her.

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
We have another tiel who does it but not often. I have been doing it non stop for the last few weeks when she is making her noises theast few days it's really clear. She is for sure a girl we had Dna done when she wan only a few weeks old and it came back girl. Also from what j was told here a male cinnamon pearl with her parents background wouldnt be likely.

·
Registered
1,305 Posts
if she's your only cockatiel (no males to mimic) and she's doing the usual two note male whistle then I'd say she's a male for sure
Not for sure, I had a baby tiel that wolf whistled all the time... Then got a male... They are the parents of 10 babies so far (2 clutches 7 months apart) yup my wolf whistler was a hen.

·
Registered
2,299 Posts
I had a hen who talked several years ago. She sure was a charmer! I didn't know she talked until she moved into her forever home!

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I think with time she might do more, she is extremely vocal but its kind of squeaky lol. To me she sounds like she is a monkey.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts