Talk Cockatiels Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
7,294 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm about to do the first major clean of the tiels mega mansion since i set it up. I'm not really sure where to start, lol!! I did the budgies cage last night, but that is half the size and much less daunting. :p I'll post before and after photos of the cage arrangements, and i'll hopefully get some nice photos of the birds today too! I've been so busy with school and exams that my camera has been gathering dust lately. :lol:

·
Registered
4,803 Posts
oh no a camera collecting dust - - isn't there some sort of law against that?? LOL

I can't keep mine in battiers :p, I need to get to the store and buy more rechargeable ones. my camera takes 4 and i only have 6 (but 2 are a different brand then the 4 i use )

can't wait to see pictures :) I loveeeeeeeeee pictures :D

·
Registered
9,464 Posts
Good luck :) If you are not back soon we know what happened to you. You climbed in and some how the door shut and locked you in :p Can't wait for pics :)

·
Registered
7,294 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
It didn't take me nearly as long as i was expecting, only 30 mins from full dirty cage to empty clean cage, but then i took my time arranging it. :p I'll load the photos onto the computer after i've eaten some lunch, all that cleaning made me hungry.

·
Registered
2,002 Posts
Grats. It;s not all that bad at all. I don't change my cages around as much as your probably do. Mainly cause one bird is never is the same cage each night. They are all over the place. I got the divider in which i will soon be doing the flock males in one cage and hens in the other. Although, seeing as i have 4 cages and over 6 water cups, it does get pretty annoying trying to get all the water cups out at once.

·
Registered
7,294 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Here's a before and after pic, they didn't turn out so great but they'll have to do! :p

And Snickers was trying to sabotage my efforts by attempting to destroy the cage...mwahahaha!

·
Registered
4,803 Posts
Grats. It;s not all that bad at all. I don't change my cages around as much as your probably do. Mainly cause one bird is never is the same cage each night. They are all over the place. I got the divider in which i will soon be doing the flock males in one cage and hens in the other. Although, seeing as i have 4 cages and over 6 water cups, it does get pretty annoying trying to get all the water cups out at once.

I have an empty plastic ice cream tub (the kind with a lid and handle) in my bird room, then i have a small Pitcher that I fill up every morning, I carry the ice cream tub around with me from cage to cage, and dump the old water in it

Makes refilling water dishes a breeze other wise i'd be running up and down the hall for ever empty/ filling dishes
when i'm all done with thier water dishes and bathtubs I just bring out the tub of dirty water and dump it down the drain and wash out the tub and put it back on the shelf in the birds room for the next day

Bea- I love your set up , and Snickers is just too cute trying to destroy all your hard work

·
Registered
7,294 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
:lol: You wouldn't want to live in my tiel cage if it meant sharing with Bailee, you would get sick of hearing pop goes the weasel VERY quickly. :p

·
Registered
53 Posts
:lol: You wouldn't want to live in my tiel cage if it meant sharing with Bailee, you would get sick of hearing pop goes the weasel VERY quickly. :p
actually I will teach him new songs! My hubby suggested that i quit singing in the house if I dont learn more than one line of each song! I was singing the song something about "hello mudda hello fadda, here I am at camp Cranadda" (thats all of the song that I know) so for an hour or 2 I was stuck on that one liner and for some reason hubby said my beautiful singing was getting on his nerves!!! sheeeesh,, go figure,, So in my next life, yes, Bailee and I will get along just fine!:D

1 - 16 of 16 Posts