Talk Cockatiels Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi. The last time I had a Cockateil was when I was very young and I don't remember whether he behaved the same as Draco does. Draco's cage is open all day and he is in and out eating a drinking but as soon as he's out he's straight over to me wanting to jump on my finger, run up my arm and nibble on my ears and hair. If I try and put him bk on his cage before I even manage to turn around he's jumped off the cage and he's on my head or shoulder. Is this normal behaviour? I've had him for 9 days. Also when he's on me he constantly grinds his beak. Is this normal too? Thanks guys xx

Attachments

·
Premium Member
6,217 Posts
Yes, it's perfectly normal. He just really likes you and feels comfortable with you. And he still is a baby. Babies are known to be pretty clingy. Once he grows up, he might find some other interesting things to do, but take it as a good thing, he likes you!

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes, it's perfectly normal. He just really likes you and feels comfortable with you. And he still is a baby. Babies are known to be pretty clingy. Once he grows up, he might find some other interesting things to do, but take it as a good thing, he likes you!
Thanks. I thought I'd been playing with him to much and that he had got to attached. Thank for letting me know. Xx

·
Registered
97 Posts
Well I don't know that I'd say it's typical. I'd say it's pretty cool! A lot of them can be a little timid at first. I'd say u got a sweet sweet baby who loves his birdy mama very much. I just got one about a month ago. all he wanted to do was to crawl up on my shoulder and sit there and preen me or hop on my couch. He was very hyper. He has settled down and now loves to get scratches and he so does love Cheerios. They r a good training treat for them. Good luck with ur new baby. He is very pretty. Or she��

·
Registered
7,907 Posts
He loves you a lot :D very cute. You've made a close bond with him already, that's awesome!

·
Registered
2,299 Posts
Congratulations ! You have a happy and very content baby on your hands, LOL!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts