Talk Cockatiels Forum banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
1,210 Posts
Tomorrow I shall be calling a lady who hand rears cockatiels (I got the number of Plukie). I was about to call this week but I've been quite busy and have had a lot of homework lol!! I am trying not to get too excited because she might not even have any for me to have, but I can't help but get a little bit LOL!! :D

·
Registered
4,700 Posts
good luck if she don,t ask if she can put you on a reserve list the breeder i got stretch from does that in fact she has to start hand feeding another brood again

·
Registered
1,210 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks!

allen - thanks for that I shall do that is she says she doesn't have any :)
Laura - thanks for the comment and for editing the title for me!! And moving it from chit chat to Cockatiel Talk. I'm not doing very well today am I LOL! :eek::p

·
Registered
5,022 Posts
your doing just fine ;) maybe your just excited with all this talk of getting a tiel :p I hope you get one soon :D

·
Registered
7,294 Posts
I hope she has a gorgeous baby tiel for you!! :D At the very least she will be able to hold one for you from the next clutch or even point you towards another breeder.

·
Registered
2,791 Posts
Oh I really, really hope she has one for you Rosie. I can't speak highly enough of her, as you know Dooby is an absolute darling and if you get one half as good, I know you will be ecstatic!! I can't wait to hear how you got on.

·
Registered
1,210 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks everyone :D I shall be phoning later on today in the evening I cant wait!!

·
Registered
1,210 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Ok, this is what happened tonight. I was just about to call her, when the phone went off and it was Mum's friend. At the end of the phone call she said 'Oh by the way, if your daughter of yours still wants a cockatiel they are advertising baby ones at the pet shop on the hill in town for £10'. Anyway, the conversation that Mum had with her friend went on for a while and it was about 8 ish went they finished. So I thought if she was a bit of a chatter (like Plukie says lol)I will phone tomorrow, in the morning, fresh and not tired LOL!!! :p Anyway, I shall call the advert tomorrow first simply because they are nearer but chances are the tiels are probably not tame/aviary birds for that price. So I will call the lady tomorrow, PROMISE!!! :D

·
Registered
5,602 Posts
Check the petstore also. I know most people tend to go to breeders just because they'll get tame babies but petstores have them too. Goodluck with the search!

·
Registered
2,791 Posts
The petstore near here has hand reared cockatiels in at the moment, but they want £70 for them.....that's around $140. I know this breeder charged me £50 for Dooby, but to be honest I would have paid double for him, he's such a darling!!!

·
Registered
5,602 Posts
The petstore near here has hand reared cockatiels in at the moment, but they want £70 for them.....that's around $140. I know this breeder charged me £50 for Dooby, but to be honest I would have paid double for him, he's such a darling!!!

WOW! That's expensive! (I would still pay it..hehe)

·
Registered
1,210 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Yes, £70 is expensive for a tiel, I would rather pay £50 for a Doody LOL! :D
I think tomorrow will be my search day!!

·
Registered
1,210 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Ok today I cycled into town early to suss out the advert in the shop window. I got there and there was an advert that said 'Hand reared cockatiels, very tame £20'. £20 is an amazing price for a hand reared tiel, but the ad did look quite old, so I'm not sure if they are still available. But I did not get a chance to call, I had a riding lesson at 2pm which went on to 3, and after that I went to my friends house for the evening. But I will call tomorrow, oh dear I feel a bit bad promising that I would call today...:eek:

1 - 20 of 29 Posts