Talk Cockatiels Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,306 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Sorry the last post was in the wrong section, please delete that. Sorry again. ><

Hey everyone I've missed you!! I'm finally back! Kiwi says hi too, she's doing well. Will be posting those pictures of her perches soon, I promised a while back. :D

Sorry I've been away for so long.
My mother and little brother were in a near fatal car accident in June. They hit a tree at 70 mph off a highway. My little brother had minor injuries, but my mother's were very severe so I've had to take some time away to take care of her. The hospital kicked her out a few weeks after all her surgeries were done because our insurance told them to, so we had to take her home and do everything for her they were doing there. She is now able to do more things by herself, but is confined to a bed because of the broken bones and internal injuries. She won't be able to try to walk again until October, and I hope it will go well for her. :(

I hope everyone on TC and all our baby birds are doing well!! I will try to reply to some of the threads I've missed, but if too much time has passed I will just send the thread poster a PM so I don't drag the discussion back up! That's with the exception of a loss... which I hope hasn't happened. I'm so sorry if anyone has lost a little one, fly free sweet babies. :(..

·
Registered
544 Posts
Wow you poor thing. Sorry to hear about your mom and brother. Glad they are coming along. I've been out of touch recently too,but not for such a tragic reason. Take care! Glad to hear Kiwi is doing well.

·
Premium Member
6,217 Posts
Nice to see you back. :) Sorry to hear about your family. I've never been in a car accident, but I can imagine it would be scary

·
Registered
786 Posts
So sorry to hear about your mom and brother. Healing thoughts being sent their way.
I am glad that Kiwi is doing well too. Welcome back :)

·
Registered
7,907 Posts
Hi, welcome back Kiwi! :)

I'm terribly sorry to hear about the car accident :( I hope your mum will heal well. Sending hugs and good thoughts. :)

·
Registered
878 Posts
So sorry about the serious car accident. Hope Mom and little brother get better soon. 70 mph into trees is often immediately fatal (it happens here along parkways and expressways) - so glad they are making a recovery.

Happy you are back, Kiwi bird! :)

·
Registered
414 Posts
Welcome back. That's sad your mom was injured so severely. Will say a prayer for her recovery. Good to know your brother is none the worse. And glad that Kiwi is getting along fabulously.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts