Talk Cockatiels Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,002 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, when I give my birdies there veggies I always give to much. so I decided do it a better way. I cut up all my veggies and put them in a bowl. I used cucumber, lettuce, broccoli, green peppers, peas, tomatoes, and carrots. Spooned it into ice cub trays and put it in the freezer. if your lucky, when you wash your veggies the water in them will freeze and everything will hold together. When you want them take them out and if frozen with not to much water when u whack it with a spoon the bits of veggies break apart from each other and then done.

Just remeber you can use any veggies you wish, Those just happen to be the one i had and could use. Also a great idea for those with bigger bird is to freeze juice like orange juice strait from the orange and give to as a treat. You can even eat them yourself.

·
Registered
7,294 Posts
I do this with veggie mash, chopped veggies and lentil mix. :D Certainly cuts back on waste, not to mention it's way easier to present fresh foods when you don't have to make them up every day. ;)

·
Registered
5,602 Posts
That's a good idea- Mine like most of their veggies steamed with the exception of peppers, oranges, mango, parsley, etc. They're just picky like that. Plus, with 9 babies, I would need alot of icetrays. lol

·
Registered
541 Posts
I guess on a hot day it would be ok.. just keep in mind, cold foods in the crop can cause crop infections, and so sould be fed at room temps.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts