Talk Cockatiels Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Plant
Ter antibiotic

Hi please i have cockatiel iam not sure about his age but as per the man we bought from him he said around 6 months.. he had a loose drooping i took him to the vet he said maybe virus he gave me antibiotic for 3 days but didnt work and change his droopings to the second form Which is almost pale green closer to white and like chalk ... then i took him to another vet he gave me the same antibiotic but for 5 days but still same... the bird eat and drink but he is not active and he sleeps alot, doesnt have energy, and i feel his feet are not strong, his eyes seems smaller than before

iam so worried about him and dont know what to do, please help

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
What food do you feed him? And what food did the previous owner feed him? And how long do you have him?
This may be due to diet change.
The owner feed him like palette food, then i bought food from him when i got them, after about a week i change it to something else that has fruits in it, then i went to the doctor he said brinf budgee birds food for them and thats what i did, no matter what he eats its the same, and the female with him she is just ok with whatsoever, no iam having them around 40 days and the same.

·
Banned
56 Posts
Maishijazi
The poop may change due to food changes, but the rest of what you describe, is of concern.
At 6 months old, my babies were very active & napping occasionally, although it helps that they get a really good nights sleep without interruptions. If both vets have said it's a virus, clearly the first vet didn't get treatment right to clear it, but you may be able to help your bird, by making sure the night sleep is as good as it can be. Lack of sleep overnight, will make it want to 'catch up' during the day & that also means less energy, as it's tired.
In regards to his eyes. I doubt they have become smaller, so it might just be him not opening them fully as he's too tired. I would like to hope that two different vets would pick anything up like this, had it been an issue.
Where does he sleep in your home ? Do you cover the cage ? Do you have dark curtains/blinds that keep light out ? Do you leave windows open for noise to get in through ?
Any or all of these things could be adding to his sleep & energy issues.
When you state his feet are not strong, how do you judge this ? What's happening to make you say this ?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts