Talk Cockatiels Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello ,

I have white face, pearly pied male. I want lutino white face (fully white with red eyes). Is it possible if i breed wf male with female lutino whiteface?

Male Wf pearly pieds mom and dad same with it.

White lutino females are same with her.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Hey!! Hope you’re well. These things depend on the genes. However, I do think that you’ll be able to get whiteface lutinos, or albinos, from these parents. I don’t know if I understand you correctly, but is the male a whiteface and the female an albino?? Chances are they‘ll get 50% of each type of chicks. I could be wrong, though. Hope this was of help!

·
Registered
163 Posts
Hey!! Hope you’re well. These things depend on the genes. However, I do think that you’ll be able to get whiteface lutinos, or albinos, from these parents. I don’t know if I understand you correctly, but is the male a whiteface and the female an albino?? Chances are they‘ll get 50% of each type of chicks. I could be wrong, though. Hope this was of help!
The female is a whiteface too, there is no such genetic mutation as albino with cockatiels as do not have the gene that causes albinism, white birds with ruby colour eyes are white face lutinos.

·
Registered
20 Posts
The female is a whiteface too, there is no such genetic mutation as albino with cockatiels as do not have the gene that causes albinism, white birds with ruby colour eyes are white face lutinos.
Right, no, I completely agree. When i say albino I mean whiteface lutino. But yes, I do think that will be the case with your pair unless their are some non-phenotypic genes that may cause different results in offspring. Have a nice day!!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts