Talk Cockatiels Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I really, really want to get another cockatiel!
I love Luma to bits and would love to get another female for both my own sake and also I'd like Luma to have some company when I go back to Uni in October for my 3rd year. I have plenty of room for a second cage, plenty of food, toys, etc.

But.....

My fiance is adamant about not getting another bird since he'd like to only have one pet to focus on, give his love/attention to etc. And since the house is just as much mine as his I'm respecting his wishes.

Doesn't stop me from emailing him local advertisements for birds that need new homes XD

E.g. http://www.preloved.co.uk/adverts/show/111331460/cinnamon-female-cockatiel.html

Would love to give her a home <3

·
Registered
883 Posts
show him some articles that explain why birds benefit from another bird b/c they are flock animals. So it's in Luma's best interest......

·
Registered
67 Posts
I'm very happy for you. Curly was never in a flock as his mom peaked his head something fierce. He was removed at 5wks if I understand his first owner. He didn't like Miss Oscar that's for sure, but she loved him.

·
Registered
666 Posts
Well, it took me a while to convince my dear hubby for a partner for Joe.
I was chatting with him on several occasions, mostly while having dinner and a glass of wine about cockatiels in general, that they are flock animals and thinking how good it would be for Joe..... finally we brought Joelle home... woohoo, they both share the same cage, so really not much more to do... feed one or feed 2 doesn't make a big difference ;)

But happy for the good news for you ;)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts