Talk Cockatiels Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I think my chick has stopped developing and has died? I can’t see any movement anymore it’s on day 14-16 approx thank you

·
Registered
19 Posts
View attachment 92896 View attachment 92897 Hi, I think my chick has stopped developing and has died? I can’t see any movement anymore it’s on day 14-16 approx thank you
I would not remove it until at least day 28 after they starting actually sitting on it. Unless it turns grey or you can tell it is bad. I am getting a little concerned with mine also. 1 hatched and is thriving but there are still 6 that have not. The first one hatched on tuesday but I am leaving the eggs in there because momma and poppa are still sitting on them.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It’s just hard to tell, there’s no definite answers online, mine still has veins visible but I don’t know if they disappear or not if the chick dies and how quickly they disappear, every time I search online I end up on sites for chickens! Lol

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I would not remove it until at least day 28 after they starting actually sitting on it. Unless it turns grey or you can tell it is bad. I am getting a little concerned with mine also. 1 hatched and is thriving but there are still 6 that have not. The first one hatched on tuesday but I am leaving the eggs in there because momma and poppa are still sitting on them.
It’s just hard to tell, there’s no definite answers online, mine still has veins visible but I don’t know if they disappear or not if the chick dies and how quickly they disappear, every time I search online I end up on sites for chickens! Lol

·
Registered
19 Posts
LOL I know! I have done the same and ended up with water candling eggs but those were chickens! The good news here is that the parents haven't kicked the eggs out so I am going to just leave them until there is more evidence that they aren't viable.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts