Talk Cockatiels Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
443 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Although it was sad to lose the last tiel even before I got her, I'm not going to give up. I've been searching Craigslist and other sites and have found a few birds. I'm going to set up appointments to check them out. Here are the ones I've found so far that seem promising.

Option 1

Option 2

Wish me luck. =)

·
Registered
799 Posts
They both look good but the beak looks rather large on the first one but it is definitely tame so I would choose option 1.

·
Registered
5,602 Posts
Both are cute. I'd probably go with option 1 just because they took the time to take a picture outside of the cage. I have a thing about that. Either way, they're both adoable.

PS. The reason the beak looks larger on #1 is because she is still a baby and she hasn't grown into it yet.

·
Registered
227 Posts
Oh the first one is so cute!!!

One thing I can't stand on Craigslist is, when the ad says somethings for free and then you click on it and it says "the adoption fee is *blank amount*.

·
Registered
302 Posts
I like them both just make sure the second one is tame.
They are both very nice-looking .

·
Registered
443 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)
I talked to the lady of the second picture and she says the bird is tamed. She is a breeder who is cutting down on her flock. I'm hoping to visit them both tomorrow.

Edit: Turns out I'm visiting Option 1 tonight. Wish me luck.

·
Registered
443 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
GRRRRRRR!!!!!!!

45 minute drive...
Hard time finding the house in the dark....
FINALLY get there.....
She let's me in and shows me the bird.....

It's not the same one. She already sold that one a while ago. The bird she has to show me is 2 years old and not very tame or cuddly at all. She also had a baby lutino that wasn't ready yet but I noticed that the baby's top beak was inside the lower beak (if that makes sense). I asked her about it and she said it's genetic. I was NOT impressed with this lady at all and after 5 mins I got back in my car and drove home.

Not giving up.... but really frustrated by mean, stupid people.... Thanks for letting me vent.

·
Registered
5,022 Posts
aww I am sorry to hear that, you must be so frustrated and the beak thing being genetic I highly doubt it, good thing you walked away I don't know why people say and do the things they do.

·
Registered
7,294 Posts
That's ridiculous, and false advertising, i would report her on the site you saw the ad! :rolleyes: The beak thing is not genetic, that would make eating much harder for the little guy.

·
Registered
5,022 Posts
I don't get some people I would be so embarrassed if I had some total stranger come to my house to look at a bird and they get there and I say oh sorry I sold that bird awhile ago but I have this older bird thats not tame for you to see doesn't make sense.

·
Registered
5,602 Posts
Why do people do that! They made you drive all that way probably knowing that you wouldn't buy the other one..stupid people. The beak thing doesn't sound right- it would make it harder for him/her to eat. Sorry but don't give up. When you do find that tiel it'll be all worth it.

·
Registered
472 Posts
that is just awful. l totally understand how you feel and how frustrating it is.
l've been searching for a special tiel for 2 years now and l have met quite a few breeders during this time that where disappointing. one breeder even told me they do have a clutch of white faced pearls that l could choose one of them. l responded back telling them that l would love to choose one. l never heard from that breeder again, it's already been a year :mad:

·
Registered
302 Posts
I am sorry to hear that!
You will find the right tiel soon but jut NOT with that person.
Good luck!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts