Talk Cockatiels Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,299 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am currently emailing a local bird rescue about adopting two cockatiels. Female. Tame. Desperate for a new home. To go as a pair as they are bonded. And I am in love. (Shuddup heart! Let brain talk for a minute!!!!)

The problem is that I wanted to keep my numbers down, but it's only 2 cockatiels and I Won't be breeding these two. Famous last words, eh? My main concern about the rescue is that they do home checks and I'm NOT the most organized or tidy person around. Lets put it this way - I'm an artist and art gets EVERYWHERE. Plus I have mice and despite my efforts to clean, kill and otherwise evict the rodents from my home, I have the mouse smell >.< . I would fail the house inspection! At least in my mind I would. I'm emailing them questions about the home inspections to find out what they're looking for. :)

The other option is another, single bird. A hen. A pearl. Also needing a new home. Tame. And she's tugging on my heart strings like you would not believe, too. But if I have her, I'd be tempted to breed her, which puts me back into situation 1.

I'll update you folks come tomorrow. Here's to hoping logic wins out.

·
Premium Member
19,909 Posts
Fingers crossed that the house inspection isn't too extensive. It's hard to get rid of mice with bird seed around too.

·
Registered
2,384 Posts
Yikes! I suppose the 'good' part of pulling a stupid is your heart strings aren't being tugged to get three of them (Shush, Tam! Don't be giving any ideas...) I'm excited to find out what you decide. :)

I, too, am keeping my fingers crossed you have good news about the home inspection being easy. They should see that your flock is well loved and cared for, and that should be enough for them. Hope that is the case. :)

·
Registered
2,299 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
UPDATE ON THE ADOPTIONS:

Well, I've decided to go with the single pearl female. The down side is that she's out of town, but the father of the family is willing to drive to my home city. I'm planning to pay them extra for gas money. It's only fair :)

I'm just not ready for 2 new birds right now. If my elder 2 cockatiels pass on, and the two hens are still available, I'll probably adopt them. But for now, the single pearl hen is my heart bird.

·
Registered
2,384 Posts
Can't wait to see pics! So cool that she can be delivered right to your door.

Who knows, if it is meant to be, the other girls will find their way into your home and heart one day. For now, it is exciting that you're getting a new little lovebug. :love:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts