Talk Cockatiels Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
19,909 Posts
i would guess fallow as well. Fallow is a recessive mutation, which means to get babies that are visual fallow both parents have to carry the gene. All his babies will be split fallow though.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Even i guessed the same. But, in what ways this mutation is different from a Cinnamon Lutino Pied??

·
Registered
10,896 Posts
I agree with fallow, although recessive silver is another possibility.

The fallow mutation is caused by a totally different gene than the other mutations. If you'd like an explanation of how the different mutations affect color production, I have a long article on the subject here: http://www.littlefeatheredbuddies.com/info/breed-coloration.html

It explains the normal color production process, and tells what all the major mutations do to disrupt this process. In some cases we don't know exactly how the mutation changes the process, but at least we know what the end result is.

·
Premium Member
19,909 Posts
Again looks like another fallow. Maybe fallow pied, it's hard to tell.

·
Premium Member
19,909 Posts
That's not an article I can read, sorry. I don't know the difference in the fallow mutations, as it's not one we see very commonly.

·
Registered
10,896 Posts
Bronze fallow is name used in Europe, but it's the same mutation that is called fallow in the US. The other fallow mutation that occurs in cockatiels is called pale fallow in Europe and recessive silver in the US.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts