Talk Cockatiels Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,225 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
What worries me is that somebody might want the cage, so they buy the cockatiels and the cage and then get rid of the cockatiels. It would be so awful!

·
Registered
7,907 Posts
The pictures won't load for me but that's horrible. I can't believe there are people out there that would actually sell animals on eBay. :(

·
Registered
878 Posts
That listing violates ebay's terms and is prohibited:

The following is from http://ocsnext.ebay.com.au/ocs/sc

"Pets and other live animals may not be listed on eBay.com.au..."

You can click on the "Report item" link if you have an ebay account - you will be asked to log in after that.

·
Registered
761 Posts
I hate that. Since I'm looking to rescue, I've been looking at pet rehoming websites. Some are better than others - the worst are basically eBay for pets. I read one the other day where someone had only had a cockatiel for three weeks, but was getting rid because they wanted to move house. Another one said they'd had theirs for six months, but 'wanted to try something different' and was thinking of getting a puppy instead!

·
Registered
648 Posts
I've seen so many that say they've only had the bird a week but it's "not for them" and they've gotten sick of it so they're selling. Usually the ad says something like URGENT: NEED GONE TODAY. Awful people.

·
Banned
2,058 Posts
When I sold my budgies there was no rush for them to go because I had to choose the right family for them to go now and I know now they are happy in their new home.

·
Premium Member
6,217 Posts
I've sadly had to rehome a few animals and I don't charge a thing for them, but I personally meet the interested person and give them a series of questions to make sure they are going to the perfect home. I do not settle for anything less.

I just don't go on Craigslist or eBay anymore. Last time I did I got a budgie from a hoarder

1 - 11 of 11 Posts