Talk Cockatiels Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello guys, let me introduce myself. You can call me Sujak and i'm from Indonesia. Since i resign to my job, i become a cockatiels breeder. If you know more about me, please ask me some questions that you want to ask. It was my bird from WF (male) and Lutino (female). By the way, i do handfeeding since the baby was 0 days old.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Hey, welcome here!
If you don't mind, may I ask what is the reason hand feeding from day 0?
I had experience, hatch abandoned cockatiel egg, and hand feeding from beginning. I will tell you, I don't want to do the same again. Handing feeding from three weeks is good enough to tame the cockatiel babies. I prefer parent feed, well human socialized babies. Usually, parent feed babies are growing much fast and are much healthy.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi... Exactly same story with you... They have 4 eggs, 2 of them cracked and 2 other hatched from canary. when the eggs were 18 days old, I move it to canary. I think so 2 or 3 weeks is the perfect time to hand feeding... hand feeding from 0 days makes me crazy, i lose my time for sleep, coz i should feed every 2 hours.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Cracked eggs usually are due to a few factors such as :
1) Not enough calcium, the egg shell is too thin, you need provide more calcium.
2) Nor enough bedding materials in nest box
3) birds have very sharp nails, you may consider clip nails. You have to be very careful, the blood vein is very close to tip of nails.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
the eggs were pecked by the female one... i think she was stressed because in that situation my house a little noise in few days..

1 - 5 of 5 Posts