Talk Cockatiels Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi there

guest what i got yesterday it is so cute it's name is :love::love:JAY JAY:love::love:, it is tame

um if you want to see it you can look at my siggy k

i don't if it is a "girl" or a "boy"

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
well i have some bad news JAY JAY died today but i got his brother and it is only a baby and i have to hand feed it i will post some pics in a sec

·
Registered
7,294 Posts
What happened??? I'm surprised anyone would sell you a unweaned baby cockatiel, it's illegal for breeders to do so usually. Do you have experience hand rearing?

·
Registered
7,294 Posts
It's a real shame there are breeders out there who will sell unweaned babies, it's irresponsible and there's no reason for it whatsoever. But now that you have the bub, i wish you all the best with him! :) Do you have some photos?

·
Registered
5,022 Posts
well i have some bad news JAY JAY died today but i got his brother and it is only a baby and i have to hand feed it i will post some pics in a sec
Wow I am sorry to hear that you got him yesterday and he died the next day:confused: very unusual was something wrong with him? was he sick? how old was Jay Jay was he weaned properly. I would take the new baby for a vet visit if Jay Jay came sick and died in one day there could be some illness going around at the breeders you got them from.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Wow I am sorry to hear that you got him yesterday and he died the next day:confused: very unusual was something wrong with him? was he sick? how old was Jay Jay was he weaned properly. I would take the new baby for a vet visit if Jay Jay came sick and died in one day there could be some illness going around at the breeders you got them from.
well i now know y it died maybe we didn't use the same cockatiel food as them and he did not drink any water

Jamie is now eating seed and is sharing the food with the class pet

·
Registered
5,022 Posts
Your cockatiel wouldn't have died because he didn't eat the same food as the breeders he came from, I have 4 of them and none of mine got the same food as they had at the breeders it would take more then one day for him not eating and drinking for that to happen how old was Jay Jay? If he was really young it sounds like he wasn't weaned properly or something else was going on there if it was me I would be going back to the breeders to find out what happened.

·
Registered
9,464 Posts
I would go back to the breeder as well. You don't need to finish hand feeding a bird to have him bond with you. My friends bird was from a pet store and he is the tamest bird ever.

·
Registered
4,700 Posts
when i got stretch he was fully weaned and was and still is tame as can be while talking to my breeder she said no breeder should sell an unweaned baby bird as they can revert back and need more hand feeding i would take your new tiel to the vet just to be safe

1 - 20 of 24 Posts