Talk Cockatiels Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, i have my buddy Aruan that is in the process of weaning, i have been trying to keep his diet as diverse as possible, but he seems to hate any and every fruit i offer him, he did eat bananas the two first times i offered it to him but since that he would rather starve than eat any fruit.
However, yesterday i found a way to get him to eat bananas (and he just loved it, he ate the banana as he havnt had any food in his life). Me and my mom were eating cooked bananas and gave some to him (no oil, just bananas cooked in the microwave), he just atacked this! I then made some bananas to him to let in his food bow, im so happy thay he finally decided to eat it! Anyways, i guess im just posting it in case anyone want to consider trying this :)

·
Registered
87 Posts
So, i have my buddy Aruan that is in the process of weaning, i have been trying to keep his diet as diverse as possible, but he seems to hate any and every fruit i offer him, he did eat bananas the two first times i offered it to him but since that he would rather starve than eat any fruit.
However, yesterday i found a way to get him to eat bananas (and he just loved it, he ate the banana as he havnt had any food in his life). Me and my mom were eating cooked bananas and gave some to him (no oil, just bananas cooked in the microwave), he just atacked this! I then made some bananas to him to let in his food bow, im so happy thay he finally decided to eat it! Anyways, i guess im just posting it in case anyone want to consider trying this :)
Good job on getting your tiel to eat bananas! It must have taken a while to get him to eat something healthy.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.