Talk Cockatiels Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
4,803 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So if this is the wrong place, I'm sorry but I couldn't find a section just for mutations

I'm wondering if ya'll can tell me what mutation this one is

I found a bird online that looked similar but not sure if it's the same mutation ( the one i found that looks like it is a Cinnamon Pied)

I don't have a perfect picture of it, so I'll put a couple up and I'm calling it , an IT because I don't know if it's male or female

·
Registered
5,022 Posts
I moved it over to the breeding section because there was some other questions about mutations there ;)
I don't see the cinnamon when I look at the picture I don't see any brown colour the body looks like a grey to me maybe split to pied but I am not positive on that maybe someone else has some other suggestions.

·
Registered
4,803 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
This link is NOT my bird - but it does look very very much like it, My camera stinks - and I haven't been home all day - I just got home a few mins ago - - but once we get all moved in & Settled in - the birds room has alot of light comming in - So my camera should work good enough to get some decent pics

http://www.adpost.com/us/pets/21579/

·
Registered
5,022 Posts
I looked at the link and I don't see any cinnamon on that bird, a cinnamon would have some brown or tan colour on it in varying degrees all I see is grey.

·
Registered
581 Posts
i agree... that bird is a grey or silver pied, (i think)
i have a cinnamon(pearl whiteface), she looks like this...

see the brown tones on her flight feathers... i think what you and the person selling the tiels in the link, see as cinnamon, is actually the yellow suffusion through the grey melanin tones...an EXTREMELY common mistake (as far as i have known)
i have a friend who still thinks her male tiel is 'split to cinnamon' because he is a silver(or light normal) who has yellow suffusion through his feathers on his belly and under his wings, which gives it a kinda cinnamon tone, it is actually the melanin(grey pigment) being too weak to cover over the yellow
and in cinnamon, silver, pied or lutino birds sometimes it seems to make the the yellow brighter even in the hens

1 - 12 of 12 Posts