Talk Cockatiels Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, after spending time watching and learning, I decided to clip the birds primary flight feathers - not so much for snoopy but more for charlie as he is like a ferrari, he even walks twice as fast as snoopy.
Charlie reminds me of a swift in flight changing direction so fast.

Anyway I clipped the first 4 feathers just under and inch of the wing line, so I will see how we get on.

Snoopy seems more like a harrier, he just goes up and then doesnt know what todo! mind you he has lost his tail feathers they were a bit broken and chewed from where I got him.

D

·
Registered
799 Posts
well done on clipping your birds wings:D. I'm still trying to build up my confidence to clip flicky I'm only going to do it when I,m 100% sure i know how too!

·
Registered
1,210 Posts
Sounds like they needed to be clipped....luckily Willow is quite a good flyer, and doesn't go wizzing around like a ferrari...LOL. :p

·
Registered
302 Posts
Lol. I told myself before I got a bird i would only clip their wings if I was 1000% sure on how to do it. It sounds like your little ferrari bird will slow down now...:p

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
thanks guyz, :D

It has slowed him, but he still a devil.
Very interesting having two birds, seeing such differences in them is lovely.

Snoopy is slightly heavier than Charlie, and dordles around the cage slowly, charlie goes up n down like hes dropped something he shouldnt have:eek:

Perch wars have begun too, charlie is normally the bad boy, but snoopy sometimes ignores him, hes such a softie.

Now where can I fit some more cockatiels, lol:wacko:

·
Registered
5,602 Posts
That's good that all is well...minor perch wars will always happened. The grass is always greener or the other side...in this case..umm..the perch will always be perchier on the other side..lol

·
Registered
1,210 Posts
1 - 9 of 9 Posts