Talk Cockatiels Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
5,102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got a call from the couple I got Sheila, Stumpy and Sandy from today. She's still trying to sell the remainder of their 'tiels. She only wants to keep her Lutinos. So she called and asked me if I wanted to buy more from her and told me about a nearly weaned baby she has that is all white except for 2 tan feathers and it has red eyes. The other two Cinnamon Whiteface Pied I got from her appear to have red eyes in photos but none of my other birds do. I take hundreds. Anyway she said she was going to go make notes about the birds she had and would call me back. That was hours ago. I'm sure she went out to make her notes and she found a whole list of things to do that couldn't wait. I tried to call her back once but it went to voice mail. I want that baby!

·
Registered
11,093 Posts
Sounds like you might get some notes that are pages and pages long, LOL.

I hope too, you get the 'tiel. :clap:

·
Registered
5,102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I just called Them back and left a message. I told them I would have a little time tomorrow after breakfast with Mom and before I have to be home to feed babies. It's already 7 here. I hope she calls back.

·
Registered
756 Posts
Oh my.... I´m on pins and needles here too.... come on lady call back!... we want to see the baby...

·
Registered
5,102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
She has not called back and it's Monday. I'll try her again but I'm not holding out much hope at this point.

·
Registered
5,102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)
I kind of go with the philosophy that if something was meant to happen it would. I just tried to call again and it just goes to voice mail. Part of my reluctance and hers I think is that she wants to sell all of her birds to one person and told me I was first to be considered. Well I cannot possibly house 27 more birds. I have a small enough number now that I can pay them all attention. I could handle a few more but not 27. She did say they were planning to keep their Lutinos. Still she has been unresponsive to 2 messages. I did call a couple of other times but did not feel compelled to leave another message.

·
Registered
7,294 Posts
I also think she's dreaming if she thinks she'll find all 27 a home in the same place. I really hope you can get a hold of her. If she doesn't want to sell just one alone then she should at least call you and let you know.

·
Registered
342 Posts
I agree with you guys - who CAN house 27 at once?? Plus, she should at least call you and let you know SOMETHING. After all, SHE called YOU in the first place. Good luck, and let us know. PS Great philosophy! :D

·
Registered
5,102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
She had some in the house and some outside. I'll wait 'till she calls me at this point. She's bound to have hard time trying to sell them all in one bunch. Although she offered them to me at $5oo for all. Don't worry...I'm not even tempted.

·
Registered
5,102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Yes There are just too many issues. I only have 1 spare bedroom. The Aviary is in the dinning room which connects to the kitchen and the living room. I wouldn't want to put any in the garage even though there is a heater vent in there. That's the only place I could quarantine that many. To Top it off I would need another aviary twice the size of the one I have now. That's not even getting into proper care and feeding for so many. How would they ever get the attention they need? There's just no way.

·
Registered
342 Posts
I know I would love to have a little "zoo" but you do have to think about those things. That's why it just amazes me when you find out about people that have animals confiscated b/c they have so many, they just can not take care of them. Very sad. You can tell there are true bird lovers on here cuz no one else would do that on here!

·
Registered
756 Posts
I really hope you do get this baby...

500 is a great offer... but only if you had the space, time and supplies for that many birds..
unfortunately, her wanting to place them all together would only be possible for a bird mill place... where they woud have no prob cramming up 20+ birds without Quarantine and lacking attention.... so many "productive" birds for 500 why not?..

she should consider getting them to decent homes not even thinking if they go by pairs or singles.. it would be far more easier... and everyone would be happier

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.