Talk Cockatiels Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Banned
2,058 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How can i get Rocko to step up to come out of the cage he just will not leave is he cage bound like i said lots of times he steps up anywhere else but his cage i dont know why he wouldnt wanna come out all he does in his cage is sit there i have been asking him does he wanna come out and moving my finger slowly and saying step up sometimes he gets on but hops straight off and pecks at me. help:cry::confused:

·
Registered
648 Posts
He probably just likes his cage and sees it as his own space. Lots of birds get protective over their cage. Does he come out on his own in his own time? My girls never come out on their own really, they haven't quite figured out how lol, and they'll only step up onto my finger in the cage without a fuss if they're in the mood to come out. Otherwise they'll back away or give me a warning nip. Sometimes they just wanna chill in their house.

·
Banned
2,058 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
He probably just likes his cage and sees it as his own space. Lots of birds get protective over their cage. Does he come out on his own in his own time? My girls never come out on their own really, they haven't quite figured out how lol, and they'll only step up onto my finger in the cage without a fuss if they're in the mood to come out. Otherwise they'll back away or give me a warning nip. Sometimes they just wanna chill in their house.
No he dosent come out on his own and he nips too

·
Registered
403 Posts
Give him time. You'll be surprised this time next year how much he will have changed. It took Taco more than six months to be the tiel she is now. I remember thinking that she sure didnt do much other than perch in one spot and she didn't know how to get out of her cage on her own until well over six months of living with us. Now, she is all over the place and almost never stay still except when she is cuddling with me.

·
Banned
2,058 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Give him time. You'll be surprised this time next year how much he will have changed. It took Taco more than six months to be the tiel she is now. I remember thinking that she sure didnt do much other than perch in one spot and she didn't know how to get out of her cage on her own until well over six months of living with us. Now, she is all over the place and almost never stay still except when she is cuddling with me.
He knows how to wave now i put a video in my other thread

1 - 5 of 5 Posts